Earn an Online Accounting Certificate
Online accounting certificate programs aim to help professionals pursue new challenges in business and beyond. Programs present financial and managerial accounting principles, like cost systems, budgeting, estimating, and more. They may also teach how to evaluate a business’s financial performance. And, they may introduce communication and technology tools used to handle accounting challenges in today’s connected workplace.
Whether you’re interested in a potential accounting career path, you want to brush up on business accounting fundamentals, or your plans involve something else entirely, you might be able to find an accounting certificate program that’s perfect for you.
What Are Online Accounting Certificate Programs
An online accounting certificate is typically a non-degree credential that may help you prepare for new career goals. However, courses may be at the graduate or masters level. In some cases, you may even be able to apply them toward a graduate degree. Keep in mind that various accounting certificate programs may have different goals. These may include helping students prepare to potentially take CPA or CMA exams, or introducing accounting basics that may be useful in different industries and roles. In other words, every program is unique!
That said, here’s a sampling of courses you might take in an accounting certificate online program.
What Might I Study?
- Cost accounting
- Tax accounting
- Business ethics
- Financial accounting
- Nonprofit and government accounting
- Financial statement analysis
- And more!
Potential Benefits of Earning an Accounting Certificate Online
Today’s students may find accounting certificate programs online, as well as in more traditional formats. And for the busy, working professional, online learning may have some potential pluses.
Here are a few to consider:
- Flexibility. If you’re hoping to enhance a current role by brushing up on accounting principles, earning an accounting certificate online may be perfect! You could potentially study on evenings and weekends, even if you work full-time.
- Technology. Business accounting professionals may need to be familiar with a variety of technology tools, like financial analysis programs and tax preparation software. [i] Online learning may help you brush up on your computer application know-how.
- Independence. If you prefer to learn in private, pursuing an online accounting certificate may be just your style. And since accounting roles may call for an independent mindset [i], you might not miss the bustle of a classroom.
Explore some sponsored listings for online accounting certificate programs that just might be perfect for you!
Narrow your Search: