1 Sponsored Online Programs Available
Online Environmental Education Degree Programs
Earning an environmental education degree online combines a study of the many ways humans change nature with how to create better teaching plans. Classes aim to increase students' mindfulness for key issues. Some of these topics are climate change and sustainable living. Plus, environmental education degree programs look at how to make a course of study that reaches all learning styles.
What Is Environmental Education?
Environmental education is the process of how to explore issues and when to take action. This helps grasp topics on a deeper level. Instead of backing a certain point-of-view or course of action, environmental education online degrees teach how to weigh each side of an issue.
Common Environmental Education Courses
While you earn an environmental education degree online, courses study how to educate, inform, and lead change in a few settings. Courses, projects, and discussions cover better ways of how to teach and how to make a course of study. Typically, your course of study may mix educational design with a focus on environmental sciences.
Some of the common courses you may take while earning an online environmental education degree include those listed here.
- Philosophies of Education
- Educational Research Methodology
- Global Environment
- General Ecology
- Principles of Evolution
- Ecological Dynamics of Landscapes
- Foundations of Environmental and Sustainability Education
Each school, and level you choose, will have a distinct set-up. Therefore, courses may vary. You should research a few schools to find a perfect fit for you.
Environmental Education Degree Online: Different Degree Levels
Use your current level of education and your future goals as a guide to choose which level of environmental education online degree to earn. Keep in mind that each level has a distinct make-up and admissions rules.
Check out some of the environmental education degree levels here.
- Associates in Environmental Education Online: Many of the courses while you earn an associates degree focus on the basics of environmental education (or EE). Most students can earn their associates degree in two years.
- Online Bachelors Degree in Environmental Education: While earning a bachelors degree, students study the effect humans have on the environment from a new point-of-view.
- Online Environmental Education Certificate Programs: Typically, it only takes full-time students one to two years to earn a certificate. Normally, courses mix EE concepts, teaching methods, and issues.
- Masters in Environmental Education Online: Most masters in environmental education courses study the social, political, and economic parts of human systems and how they impact natural systems. Typically, this is through coursework, internships, and a capstone project.
- Environmental Education PhD Programs: Many schools that offer a PhD in EE combine coursework and seminars. This allows students to apply theories and methods to specific research areas.
The higher the degree you earn, courses may ask that you perform more research and writing. For instance, a General Ecology masters degree class will ask more from students than an associates level course with the same name.
Take the Next Step!
Take the next step to earn your environmental education degree online. Click on any of the sponsored listings on this page to learn more about each school. You can even reach out to schools and request more info on programs.