5 Sponsored Online Programs Available
Explore Online Clinical Laboratory Science Degrees
Online clinical laboratory science programs offer all levels of degrees: associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees. Depending on the type of degree, they help students:
- Develop their core and base knowledge of clinical laboratory science
- Deepen their knowledge of clinical laboratory science or an area of it
- Establish their abilities to lead and manage in clinical laboratory science settings
- Strengthen their research and teaching skills and advance their knowledge to the highest level
Course of Study in Online Clinical Laboratory Science Programs
The depth to which you’ll study clinical laboratory science depends on what level degree you earn. The more advanced, the more in depth you’ll go.
At the associate’s and bachelor’s degree levels, students typically study to become a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT). MLTs and CLTs provide physicians, pathologists, and other medical professionals, including researchers, vital results of tests and analyses as well as other helpful information.
In addition to completing one to two years of general education courses, they commonly study core subjects in clinical laboratory science such as:
- Medical terminology
- Clinical laboratory operations
- Clinical urinalysis and body fluid analysis
- Hematology and hemostasis
- Immunohematology and immunology
- Health care as it relates to insurance, the work place, and other areas
At the bachelor’s degree level, students typically dive deeper into clinical laboratory science by studying the subjects above at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels.
At the master’s degree level, students typically study to become managers and leaders in clinical laboratory science. In addition to studying advanced topics in the subjects above, they might study:
- Strategic planning
- Health professions education
- Research methods
Students will study subjects like these and others within the context of healthcare and laboratory settings.
Doctorate degrees in clinical laboratory science typically help licensed/certified medical laboratory scientists advance their theoretical and practical knowledge and research skills. To do so, they might study:
- Advanced areas of clinical laboratory science
- Professional application and development in the field
- Research skills and methodologies in the field
- Clinical practice (for this portion, doctorate students might complete a local residency)
Find Clinical Laboratory Scientist Programs Online
Perhaps you already know which clinical laboratory science online degree programs are for you. If so, use our search tool to filter options according to your needs. Otherwise, you can browse all of our options to plan your education now and for the future. Keep in mind that you might find a medical laboratory scientist program online or a clinical scientist laboratory degree online. Explore both types of programs to see which curricula best fit your needs.
Narrow your Search: