6 Sponsored Online Programs Available
All About an Online Bachelor Degree in Christian Ministry
A Bachelor of Ministry Online may educate students in Bible studies and theology. Some schools may offer concentrations within a bachelor of Ministry, such as urban ministry, youth outreach and discipleship, sports ministry, intercultural Christian Ministry, and ministry in social service contexts[i].
The bachelor of Ministry degree may help students develop a personal and professional spiritual foundation. By presenting a general education foundation, the program may also enable you to develop a well-rounded, Christ-centered ministry approach[ii].
What Skills and Abilities Should I Possess?
It takes unique skills and abilities to promote spirituality and lead religious services. Some characteristics that clergy members tend to possess that you may want to concentrate on developing include[iii]:
- Active Listening — Paying attention to what others are saying, taking the time to understand the points they are making, asking appropriate questions, and avoiding inappropriate interruptions.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate ideas and information when speaking to help others understand clearly.
- Speaking — Talking with others and conveying information effectively.
- Speech Clarity — The capability to speak clearly so that other people may understand you.
- Service Orientation — Actively searching for approaches to help others.
- Social Perceptiveness — Awareness of others' reactions and understanding why they react that way.
What Industries May Employ People Who Earn a Bachelor of Ministry Online?
Earning a bachelor degree in Christian ministry could be the key to exploring the possibility of a variety of career paths in a host of diverse industries.Some graduates may pursue careers in a variety of pastoral ministry leadership roles while others may jumpstart careers working with people in secular, Christian education, human services, and non-profit organizations:
- Clergy members lead religious services and perform other spiritual duties connected to the practices and beliefs of a denomination or religious faith. They also provide moral and spiritual assistance and guidance to congregation members.[iv]
- Athletic coaches and scouts help train amateur and professional athletes to develop the skills and abilities they need to excel in their sport. Scouts search for fresh players by assessing their talents and probability for success at an amateur, professional, or university level. Many coaches are also included in scouting potential athletes[v]
- Social and community service managers coordinate and manage non-profit community organizations and social service programs. They supervise staff who provide public social services[vi].
Salary Potential and Projected Job Growth Information after a Bachelor of Ministry Online
In any industry, salaries are influenced by a variety of factors, such as skills, experience, education, and employer. The salaries listed below are the year 2014 median annual averages as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. They are intended to give an overview of salary potential for workers in several career paths.
- Clergy members: $43,950 median annual salary in 2014[vii]
- Athletic coaches and scouts: $30,640 median annual salary in 2014[viii]
- Social and community service managers: $62,740 median annual salary in 2014[ix]
Common Coursework in an Online Bachelor Degree in Christian Ministry Program
Although each program varies, an online Bachelor degree in Christian Ministry offers an array of courses intended to create a knowledge base so that students may pursue opportunities such as religious workers after graduating. The typical coursework for a Bachelor of Ministry Online may include some or all of the following options[x]:
- Introduction to Practical Theology
- History of Ancient Philosophy
- Contemporary Christian Ministry
- Culture and Ministry
- Evangelism and Discipleship
- Principles of Preaching
Whether you are currently involved in ministry work or aspire to pursue a career as a pastor, earning a bachelor degree in Christian ministry may offer exceptional courses and provide supportive mentors who are devoted to promoting your success, growth, and development in Christian leadership, faith, and knowledge.[xi]
[i]catalog.apu.edu/undergraduate/school-theology/practical-theology/[ii]regent.edu/acad/undergrad/academics/ online/degree/christian_ministry/home.cfm [iii]onetonline.org/link/summary/212011.00[iv]bls.gov/oes/current/ oes212011.htm[v]bls.gov/ooh/entertainment-and-sports/coaches-and-scouts.htm#tab-2[vi]bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and-community-service-managers.htm#tab-2[vii]bls.gov/ooh/entertainment-and-sports/coaches-and- scouts.htm#tab-6[viii]bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and- community-service-managers.htm#tab-6[ix]catalog.apu.edu/ undergraduate/school-theology/practical-theology/ christian-ministries-major/[x]regent.edu/acad/undergrad/ academics/online/degree/christian_ministry/home.cfm
Narrow your Search: