0 Sponsored Online Programs Available
Physical Sciences Degree Online
An online physical sciences degree, whether at the bachelor’s, master’s, or certificate level, engages students in an interdisciplinary study of the main branches of physical science: physics, chemistry, and math. Studies in these areas can be ideal for pre-med and pre-health majors. They can also enhance a second major in biology.
Otherwise, the physical sciences might cover a variety of areas and enable students to pursue careers in material science, environmental science, pharmaceutical science, or beyond.
Examples of Physical Science Courses
To study the physical sciences, students look at beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of physics, chemistry, and math. The degree to which they study in each area depends on the focus of their degree and, in some cases, each student’s preference.
However, there are some general subjects students will likely study no matter their focus or level of degree:
- At an introductory level
- Physics I and II
- Historical and modern physics
- Conceptual physics
- Physics with calculus
- At an introductory level
- Health sciences chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Mathematics for the physical sciences
- Programming methods
- Calculus with analytical geometry (at various levels)
- Ordinary differential equations
Students might also study earth science, astronomy, or geology, all of which constitute parts, albeit less common ones, of the physical sciences.
Within a degree program, especially those at the bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate degree level, students might be able to select a concentration in chemistry, physics, earth science, or physical science (the latter of which covers various aspects of physical science rather than focusing on one component).
Scope of an Online Physical Sciences Degree
The scope of an online physical sciences degree depends on its level:
- Certificates can enhance a bachelor’s or master’s degree and take the shortest amount of time to earn. Most can be earned in just six months to one year.
- A bachelor’s degree typically takes four years to earn but can help students kickstart a career and decipher their passions for future education.
- A master’s degree commonly requires two years of study but helps students pursue leadership roles in the field or pursue more advanced education, perhaps at the doctorate level.
Options for Pursuing an Online Physical Sciences Degree
There are lots of options for studying the physical and biological sciences, many of which you’ll find right here. Simply select your level of study—bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or certificate—and sort through programs to find one that meets your needs.
Narrow your Search: